Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Why I Love Mexikosher

Why I Love Mexikosher
Mexikosher
For those of you who don't know what Mexikosher is, it is a kosher Mexican restaurant run by a half Mexican, half Japanese chef.  They make pretty much everything, with the exception of their tortillas, from scratch.  I am no expert, but to me it seemed just about as authentic as you can get for Mexican food this side of the Rio Grande.  I had the privilege of eating at this fine establishment back in March on a trip to Los Angeles.  Their food was so fresh, and the flavors were vibrant.  The chef took the time to talk to me about all of their offerings.  They have real daily specials like braised goat and burgers made from home ground chuck, beef bacon, short rib, and brisket.  In a move to expand they just announced that will have a food truck rolling soon.  They also are big on giving back.  Today they gave away a taco to everyone who voted.  Last week if you brought a boarding pass to prove you were stuck in LA due to Hurricane Sandy they fed you you for free.  Chicago kosher restaurants take note!!

There address is:
8832 W. Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035

Phone Number:310-271-0900



1 comment:

  1. My wife and I were talking about Mexikosher last night. We love their stuff.

    ReplyDelete