Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cooking with Color: Four Color Roasted Cauliflower Medley

Cooking with Color: Four Color Roasted Cauliflower Medley
Four Color Roasted Cauliflower Medley

I love cooking with color.  Never forget we eat with our eyes before we ever taste food and colorful food looks more appetizing.  Also, while I am not a doctor or nutritionist, my understanding is colorful food has more vitamins and minerals.  That being said you can imagine how excited I was when I found four different colors of cauliflower at my local fruit store. (Note: I almost never buy produce at a grocery store. You will usually find higher quality produce and better variety at a lower price at your local fruit store. And now back to our regular  scheduled program.)  I love roasted cauliflower.  It has a nutty flavor and it is nice and filling without being to high in calories.  It is super easy:

Four Color Roasted Cauliflower Medley
1/4 head each of white, yellow, green, and purple cauliflower
Olive Oil
Salt and pepper taste

Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper.  Spread out the cauliflower on a sheet pan and bake at 425F until starts to brown, making sure to flip it about half way through.  If you want to kick it up another level sprinkle some hot curry powder or red pepper flake before you bake to heat things up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment