Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rye Bread First and Second Try

Rye Bread First Try

Rye Bread The Second Try



I decided to have some more fun with the bread maker.  I figured I would try doing some rye bread.  The first try I used the recipe for rye bread that came with by bread machine.  I was not so happy with it.  It only had about an ounce and a half of rye flour to about 17 1/2 ounce of bread flour.  I found it tasted to much like white bread and the texture was a bit dense.  For the second try I increased the amount of rye flour to about 9 oz to about 10 oz of bread four.  It seems much lighted and has more complexity.  The only small issue I had with the second try is I cracked the cre\ust when pulling it out of the pan, but it is just cosmetic.
Recipe:
10 oz bread flour
9 oz dark rye flour
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp margarine
3 Tbsp sugar
12.5 oz of water
1.5 tsp dry yeast
Throw it all in the bread machine and let it do its magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment