Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Birthday Dinner For My Wife

Birthday Dinner For My Wife




Rib Steak Topped with Roasted Red and White Pearl Onions 
And a Red Wine and Apple Cider Vinegar  Reduction
Shallot and "Bacon" Risotto
Sautéed Green Beans with Garlic
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake for Dessert

On days like this I know why I never went to work at a restaurant.  This meal was a challenge to do on my own.   To get all the elements timed correctly was nearly impossible.  At my wife's request I made her risotto.  This was the first time I had ever made risotto, and it is a bit of a pain.  I stood there stirring and stirring and adding stock and adding stock.  I would have added some other flavors or vegetables to the risotto but to say my wife is unadventurous would be an understatement.  The "bacon" I used was beef fry from 
Romanian Kosher Sausage Company, as were the steaks.  Of course I almost forgot the green beans, and needed to hold the steaks for a while I finished them and of course they slightly overcooked.  The cake was a bit spongy for my liking, but I never claimed to be a baker.  Even though it was not perfect, overall the dinner was tasty.  Man I wish I had full crew.  Maybe next year we'll just go out.







No comments:

Post a Comment