Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

http://ping.fm/pI4pB
Harbor Grill Review
Went to Harbor grill for dinner tonight. Started out with the Firecracker Maki. Tempura sushi roll with raw tuna, salmon, and mock crab and jalapenos. It was tasty but it could have been rolled a little tighter. I had the sautéed striped bass that was supposed to come with herbed potato dumpling, winter vegetables, and a mushroom jus. The fish was tasty but not particularly memorable. I did not see anything that looked like dumpling to me on the plate. The green beans were a little under done. They did not bring bread to the table till the entree was being server, pumpernickel raisin with olive tapenade on the side, an odd combo in my opinion. My wife had a cumin salmon burger with mango chutney and curry aioli. She seemed to like it and said she would order it again. It came with tasty fries that I had with some of the aioli. I think they make the best kosher fries in the city. The waiters and bus boys hang out in the back of the restaurant talking on their cell phones which I found distracting. Dessert was horrible, some dry stale frozen chocolate sponge cake with strawberry ice cream and a cranberry sauce.
The room had a warm feel to it. Service 5 out of 10. Food 5 out of 10. Ambiance 6 out of 10. I would go back but I was under whelmed based on the buzz that this place got.

No comments:

Post a Comment